BRIT Awards musical.ly Hashtag Challenge Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are the rules which apply to the Musical.ly hashtag challenge competition (the “Competition”) offered by BAL unless otherwise expressly stated.
2. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and the Muscial.ly terms and conditions of use. The Competition is organised by BRIT Awards Limited whose registered address is Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”). BAL reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms at any time without prior notice.
3. There is one prize, comprising a BRITs spa goodie bag and a signed Craig David board (the “Prize”). The prize will be shipped within 14 days of the Winner (defined below) being announced.
4. Entry is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who have the Muscial.ly application. Employees of BAL or its affiliates and/or agencies associated with the Competitions and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
5. Eligible entrants may enter the Competition, and the Competition will be judged, in the following way:
5.1 Registered Musical.ly users (“Users”) are asked to submit Musical.ly videos for songs from within the British Single category which have been grouped into a BRITs folder in the Musical.ly library (“BRITs Folder”);
5.2 Users who wish to enter must upload a video to the Musically application using those songs in the BRITs Folder;
5.3 The top 10 videos as measured by user engagement by Muscial.ly will be chosen and from the top 10 the winner will be selected at random (“Winner”).
6. Each entrant may enter the Competition more than once, but there is only one Prize to be won.
7. The opening time for the Competition is 7:00am on Saturday 18 February and the closing time for the Competition is midnight on 22 February 2017.
8. BAL and its group companies cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside their control.
9. The Prize winner of the Competition will be chosen and as specified in clause 5.3 above on 23 February 2017 and will be notified by BAL via the Muscial.ly Application on the same day and BAL will make arrangements to have the Prize posted out to the Winner. The decision in each case shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
10. In the event that BAL or its agent is reasonably unable to contact a Prize winner for whatever reason that Prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
11. Each Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. BAL reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value to the Prize at any time.
12. Each Prize is awarded at BAL’s discretion and no Prize shall be awarded in the event of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant (in BAL’s sole discretion).
13. BAL reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event if, at BAL’s sole discretion, it finds a Prize winner’s or Prize winner’s guest’s behaviour or demeanour unacceptable.
14. BAL cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting a Prize. BAL is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude BAL’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of negligence.
15. Each Prize winner may be requested to take part in promotional activity and BAL reserves the right to use the names and locations of that Prize winner, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
17. These Terms shall be governed by English law and, in the event of any dispute, BAL and each entrant submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.