Show Starts In
BRIT Awards Limited Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are the rules which apply to the Twitter/Instagram Competition (the “Competition”) offered by BAL unless otherwise expressly stated.
2. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. The Competition is organised by BRIT Awards Limited whose registered address is Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
4. BAL reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms at any time without prior notice. A copy of the Terms may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: “BAL Twitter Competition”, Legal Department, BRIT Awards Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA.
5. There is one prize, comprising of two show and party tickets for the prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) and one (1) guest to attend the BRIT Awards 2014 event and the after party event, to be held at The O2, Peninsula Square, London, SE10 0DX on 19 February 2014 (the “Prize”).
6. Entry is only open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over. Employees of BAL or its affiliates and/or agencies associated with the Competitions and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
7. The Prize is personal to the Prize Winner and the Prize Winner’s Guest may not transfer, sell, donate, give or otherwise dispose of the Prize to any other persons. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize Winner may give (but may not sell or otherwise dispose of for any commercial or other monetary value) one of the tickets (as part of the Prize) to the person whom the Prize Winner shall accompany to the Event (the “Prize Winner’s Guest”).
8. The PRIZE WINNER AND THE PRIZE WINNER’S GUEST must be aged 18 or over ON 12 FEBRUARY 2014. BOTH The PRIZE WINNER AND THE PRIZE WINNER’S GUEST MUST BRING IDENTIFICATION TO OBTAIN ENTRY TO THE EVENT AND TO IDENTIFY THEMSELVES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGES.
The PRIZE WINNER AND THE PRIZE WINNER’S GUEST MUST BE AVAILBALE TO ATTEND THE EVENT ON 19 FEBRUARY 2014. NO ALTERNATIVE DATES CAN BE PROVIDED.
The PRIZE WINNER AND THE PRIZE WINNER’S GUEST MUST ARRANGE THEIR OWN TRANSPORT TO AND FROM THE EVENT AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER EXPENSES, INCLUDING FOOD AND DRINK.
9. Eligible entrants may enter the Competition, and the Competition will be judged, in the following ways:
9.1 Any Twitter user may enter the Competition by answering the following question on the @BRITAwards Twitter account (which will appear alongside a video of a pop star on the @BRITAwards Twitter account) and responding to @BRITAwards with the answer followed by the hashtag #BRITsTickets:
“Who is the Mystery pop star”.
9.2 The Prize Winner shall be selected at random as described in Clause 15.
10. Each entrant may enter the Competition more than once, but each entrant shall only be eligible to win a maximum of one Prize.
11. There is no purchase requirement or fee to enter the Competition.
12. The closing time and date for the Competition is 12pm on Friday 14 February 2014.
13. Entries to the Competition must be made in the manner specified. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
14. BAL and its group companies cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside their control.
15. The Prize Winner of the Competition will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator from all qualifying entries at 2pm on Friday 14 February 2014. The decision of the independent adjudicator in each case shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
16. The name of the Prize Winner will be posted on BAL’s Twitter account on Friday 14 February 2014 after 3pm.
17. The Prize Winner shall be given instructions as to how to collect their Prize. The Prize Winner must be available to collect the Prize from The O2, Peninsula Square, London, SE10 0DX on 19 February 2014.
18. In the event that BAL or its agent is reasonably unable to contact a Prize Winner for whatever reason that Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
19. Claims for a Prize must be made within the time and in the manner notified to the Prize Winner upon notification. Failure to claim the Prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
20. Each Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. BAL reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value to the Prize at any time.
21. Each Prize is awarded at BAL’s discretion and no Prize shall be awarded in the event of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant (in BAL’s sole discretion).
22. BAL reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event if, at BAL’s sole discretion, it finds a Prize Winner’s or Prize Winner’s Guest’s behaviour or demeanour unacceptable.
23. BAL cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting a Prize. BAL is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude BAL’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of negligence.
24. Each Prize Winner may be requested to take part in promotional activity and BAL reserves the right to use the names and locations of that Prize Winner, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
26. These Terms shall be governed by English law and, in the event of any dispute, BAL and each entrant submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
27. By accepting the Tickets, the Prize Winner and the Prize Winner’s Guest agree to comply with the full terms and conditions attached to the Tickets, a copy of which can be viewed at: www.brits.co.uk/terms-and-conditions#Ticket.