1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are the rules which apply to The BRIT Awards 2013 Instagram Competitions, The BRIT Awards 2013 Twitter Album Competition and the BRIT Awards 2013 Raymond Weil Competition (the “Competitions”) offered by BRIT Awards Limited in relation to The BRIT Awards 2013 (the “Event”) unless otherwise expressly stated.
2. By entering the Competitions, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. The Competitions are organised by BRIT Awards Limited whose registered address is Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
4. BAL reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competitions or these Terms at any time without prior notice. A copy of the Terms may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: “The BRIT Awards 2013 Competitions”, Legal Department, BRIT Awards Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA.
5. There are 12 prizes, comprising 10 BRIT Awards 2013 albums each containing approximately 61 tracks consisting of studio recordings by selected nominees of The BRIT Awards 2013 (the “Albums”) and 2 limited edition Raymond Weil BRIT Awards 2013 watches (the “Watches”) (together the “Prizes”). The winners of each Prize in the Instagram Competitions and the Twitter Album Competition will each receive 1 Album and the winner of the Prize in the Raymond Weil Competition will receive 2 Watches.
6. Employees of BAL or its affiliates and/or agencies associated with the Competitions and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
7. The Prizes are personal to the winner of each Prize (the “Prize Winners”) and the Prize Winners may not transfer, sell, donate, give or otherwise dispose of the Prizes to any other persons.
8. Eligible entrants may enter the Competitions, and the Competitions will be judged, in the following ways:
8.1. Instagram Competitions
Any BRITs fans on Instagram may enter the Instagram Competitions (once they are announced on Instagram), and the Instagram Competitions will be judged, as follows:
8.1.1 Users must upload photos relating to the BRIT Awards 2013 to Instagram using the hashtag #BRITs2013. The Prize Winners will be the users who have uploaded one of the best 10 photos by 6pm on 22 February 2013, and each Prize Winner will receive one Album. The winning photos shall be chosen according to the quality and relevance of the photos uploaded as determined by an independent adjudicator. The decision of the adjudicator in each case shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into; or
8.1.2 Users must follow the BRIT Awards 2013 official Instagram account. The Prize Winner will be the 6,000th Instagram user to follow the BRIT Awards 2013 official Instagram account, as determined by BAL or its agents.
In each case the users should also email their name, email address and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification of single entry and sole purpose of notification that they have won the Prize.
8.2. Twitter Album Competition
Any Twitter followers may enter by following the @BRITAwards Twitter account and then emailing their details (specified below) to email@example.com, in response to a tweet posted on Twitter by BAL. The Prize Winner will be the 150,000th Twitter user to follow the @BRITAwards Twitter account as determined by BAL or its agents. All entrants should include their name, Twitter handle, email address and phone number for verification of single entry and sole purpose of notification that they have won the Prize.
8.3 Raymond Weil Competition
Any BRITs fans may enter by a) answering a question that they are directed to by following a post hosted on the official BRIT Awards 2013 Facebook, Twitter, Google +, or Instagram accounts or other applicable social networks related to the BRIT Awards 2013, and b) emailing their details (specified below) to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1 Prize Winner shall be selected at random by an independent adjudicator from all qualifying entries on a date to be announced in 2013. The decision of the independent adjudicator shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. All entrants should include their name, email address and phone number for verification of single entry and sole purpose of notification that they have won the Prize.
9. Each entrant may only enter each of the Competitions once and each entrant shall only be eligible to win a maximum of one Prize. Multiple entries will be discounted.
10. There is no purchase requirement or fee to enter the Competitions.
11. The closing time and date for the Raymond Weil Competition is 6pm on Monday 25 February 2013.
12. Entries to the Competitions must be made in the manner specified. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. BAL and its group companies cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside their control.
14. The Prize Winners of the Competitions shall be notified by telephone or email within 36 hours of the Prize draw, or other determination of becoming the Prize Winner, as applicable.
15. In the event that BAL or its agent is reasonably unable to contact a Prize Winner for whatever reason that Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
16. Claims for a Prize must be made within the time and in the manner notified to the Prize Winner upon notification. Failure to claim the Prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
17. Each Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. BAL reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value to the Prize at any time.
18. Each Prize is awarded at BAL’s discretion and no Prize shall be awarded in the event of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant (in BAL’s sole discretion).
19. The names of the Prize Winners may be posted on the website www.brits.co.uk, and/or on the official BRIT Awards 2013 Facebook, Twitter, Google + or Instagram accounts or other applicable social networks related to the BRIT Awards 2013.
20. BAL cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competitions or as a result of accepting a Prize. BAL is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competitions. Nothing shall exclude BAL’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of negligence.
21. Each Prize Winner may be requested to take part in promotional activity and BAL reserves the right to use the names and locations of that Prize Winner, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
23. These Terms shall be governed by English law and, in the event of any dispute, BAL and each entrant submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Access to and use of any part or page of www.brits.co.uk, www.classicbrits.co.uk or the BRITs pages of www.bpi.co.uk, (each a “Website” and, together, the “Websites”) both within the UK and internationally is provided by BRIT Awards Limited (“BAL”) on the following terms:
*1. By using a Website, you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of that Website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to a Website.
*2. BAL may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of a Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Websites. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Websites (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
Use of the Websites
*3. You agree to use the Websites only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of BAL or restrict or inhibit anyone else’s rights, use or enjoyment of the Websites. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Websites.
*4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Websites and all content (including all applications) located on the Websites shall remain vested in BAL or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Website content requires the prior written permission of BAL.
*5. The names, images and logos identifying BAL or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of BAL and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of BAL or any other third party.
Contributions to BAL
*6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with BAL you agree to grant to BAL, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for BRIT Awards services in any media worldwide (including on BAL’s Websites accessed by international users). In certain circumstances, BAL may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
*7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
*8. In order that BAL can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give BAL permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution.
*10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with BAL.
*11. If you do not want to grant BAL the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with the Websites.
*12. If you have any questions about contributing content to BAL, please Contact Us at: email@example.com
Website communities and other member pages
*14. You agree to use Website communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules as well as the rest of these terms and conditions. These apply across all Website community sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you’re using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
(i) About your posts:
• Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
• No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
• No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
• Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant Website community.
• No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
• No advertising or promoting.
• No spoilers: material which contains information about the BRITs or other matters which haven’t been made available in the UK may be deleted.
• Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
• No impersonation.
• No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
• URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
• Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your BRITs Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
BAL reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple BRITs accounts, or if a non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any BRITs community.
(iv) Legal requirements:
• You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in Website communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
• Contributing material to a Website community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to submit to or share with Website communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of BAL or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you’re under 16:
• Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any Website community.
• Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) or any other term or condition of use when taking part in a Website community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all Website community areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any Website communities or anywhere else on the Websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Websites, and BAL considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, BAL may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s). BAL reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any BRITs account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
*15. The majority of content posted in Website communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of BAL. Neither BAL nor its group companies are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the Websites or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Websites. Any links to third party websites from the Websites do not amount to any endorsement of that site by BAL or its group companies and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
*16. Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to BAL its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, BAL excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. BAL does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by BAL is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of BAL for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
*17. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes BAL’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, BAL and/or shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Websites regardless of the form of action.
*18. BAL does not warrant that functions available on the Websites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Websites or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
*19. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
*20. The failure or delay of BAL to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive BAL’s right to enforce that right.
*21. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
1. These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and the terms and conditions of the O2 Arena below (the “Venue Conditions”) apply to any and all BRIT Awards 2013 tickets (“Tickets”) to The BRIT Awards 2013 due to be held at the O2 Arena London on 20 February 2013 (the “Event”).
2. The Event is organised and Tickets are issued by BRIT Awards Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
3. By being present at the Event you consent to being filmed and/or recorded. You also agree not to assert any moral (or similar) rights and give all necessary consents under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) and all other applicable legislation in respect of any film and/or recordings. BAL is entitled to make full use of any film and/or recording in all current and future media worldwide without any liability or payment to you, including permitting others to do the same.
4. Any person who purchases, holds or uses a Ticket (“Ticket Holder”) acknowledges and agrees that he or she is subject to these Conditions and to the Venue Conditions.
5. In the event of a breach of these Conditions or the Venue Conditions by a Ticket Holder, BAL or its agents may at their sole discretion: (a) render and declare the Ticket void; (b) refuse the Ticket Holder admission to the Event; and/or (c) remove the Ticket Holder from the Event.
6. If a Ticket is declared void or if a Ticket Holder is refused admission or removed from the Event because of a breach of these Conditions or of the Venue Conditions, no money shall be refunded.
7. All persons who wish to gain access to the Event must have a valid Ticket.
8. BAL or its agents shall be entitled, but not obliged, to carry out identity and security checks (including photographic ID checks) upon presentation of the Ticket by a Ticket Holder at the Event. If the Ticket Holder is not on BAL’s list of intended attendees at the Event (as notified to BAL by the person(s) that purchased that Ticket Holder’s Ticket at the time of purchase or prior to the Event), BAL and its agents may, at their sole discretion, declare that Ticket Holder’s Ticket void and BAL and its agents may refuse that Ticket Holder admission to the Event or remove that Ticket Holder from the Event.
9. Neither the Ticket Holder nor any other person (other than BAL or its agents) is entitled to assign, donate, transfer or otherwise dispose of any rights arising from the Ticket, or the Ticket itself, to any third party, including, without limitation, if the transferee does or intends to:
(a) sell, resell, expose, offer or make available for sale, auction, donate or otherwise dispose of Ticket(s) in any manner or place whatsoever, including, without limitation, online via an online auction website; and/or
(b) transfer or use such rights or a Ticket as part of or for any unauthorised:
(i) advertising, sales or promotional purposes;
(ii) premium give-away, competition, prize draw or sweepstake; or
(iii) hospitality or travel package.
10. If a Ticket Holder is unable to attend the Event, BAL may, at BAL’s sole discretion, provide that Ticket Holder with a full refund of the price paid for the Ticket from the original point of sale less any reasonable administrative and processing costs.
11. In the event of a conflict between the Conditions and the Venue Conditions, the Conditions shall prevail.
12. Tickets will not be posted to you. The credit card holder who purchased the Tickets must in the company of all their guests collect the Tickets at the same time from the O2 Arena on Wednesday 20th February 2013 at the location and time set out below. The credit card holder must attend the event. Tickets will only be released upon presentation of the credit card used to pay at the time of booking. No letters of authorisation or transfers of payment will be permitted. From 11am until 7pm you can collect the Tickets from the collection point set up in the O2 Arena. Please follow directions for Ticket collection once you enter the O2 Arena site. Once you and your guests have collected your Tickets you will also be given a wristband and/or security pass. At this stage, you will be free to leave the O2 Arena site but will be required to present your Ticket and wristband/security pass device upon your arrival at the Event. If you are unable to present both your Ticket and your wristband/security pass device, you will not be admitted to the Event.
13. No briefcases, backpacks or large bags will be allowed at the Event.
14. No one under the age of 16 years will be admitted to the Event.
15. No photographic/recording equipment is allowed at the Event.
16. Please ensure mobile phones, pagers and watch alarms are switched off during the performance.
17. BRIT Awards Ltd/O2 Arena reserves the right to refuse admission.
18. Security searches will take place.
19. Latecomers may not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the Event.
20. Re-entry to the O2 Arena will not be permitted.
21. This Ticket must not be used for competitions, and/or given away as prizes, refunded, exchanged or re-sold for profit, commercial gain or used for promotional purposes.
22. Artists’ appearances are subject to change.
23. BAL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any person or any property.
24. BAL reserves the right at any time to withdraw, cancel or void any Ticket issued to the Event.
25. No jeans are to be worn to the Event.
26. Smoking is forbidden within O2 Arena.
VENUE TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. The Venue’s full terms and conditions of sale and admission can be found at www.theo2.co.uk or are available upon request from The O2 Box Office.
2. Please check your Tickets upon receipt as mistakes cannot always be rectified. Defacing the Ticket or removing the Ticket stub will invalidate the Ticket. You must produce a valid ticket or wristband to gain entry to venue and upon request for inspection at any time. Failure to produce your ticket or wristband when requested may result in you being ejected from the venue.
3. Resale or attempted resale or purchase of a Ticket other than via an authorised ticket agent are grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or compensation. You must retain this Ticket with you at all times during the Event.
4. Tickets are not issued on a sale or return basis and cannot be cancelled or exchanged after purchase other than in accordance with Terms and Conditions.
5. It is your responsibility to check that the Event is going ahead at the date and time printed on this Ticket. All advertised times are approximate and subject to change.
6. If an Event is cancelled or rescheduled or postponed please refer to your point of purchase for details of your ticket agent’s refund and/or exchange policy.
7. We reserve the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on this Ticket where it is not possible to allow you to occupy the specific seat printed on your Ticket.
8. We are not liable for any Tickets which are lost, stolen or damaged. Standing Tickets purchased from third party agents cannot be duplicated if lost or stolen.
9. For the O2 Arena, Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over. Children under 16 cannot enter the standing area. Most Indigo2 shows are for all ages, 14 years & under must be accompanied by an adult and seated. Club nights are 18+ only. Other age restrictions may apply to specific events and are notified at the point of sale.
10. In order to ensure the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, we reserve the right at our reasonable discretion to refuse admission to or to eject you from the Venue without compensation or refund.
11. Searching is a condition of entry. Please see Terms and Conditions for details of Prohibited Items.
12. Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted in The O2. Food and beverages cannot be brought into The O2 Arena or Indigo2 and may be restricted or limited in relation to Events taking place at other Venues within The O2.
13. When purchasing alcohol if you appear to be under 25 you will be asked for proof of age.
14. There will be no admission to the Event before the designated opening times. For some shows latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance.
15. Customers are requested to address any specific access requirements in advance of their visit by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling on 0208 463 3359.
16. The O2 is located at North Greenwich tube station and can also be accessed via bus and river. Please see www.tfl.gov.uk and www.thamesclippers.com for transport information. You must leave the venue quietly in consideration for our neighbours.
Voting Terms & Conditions