1. These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are the rules which apply to the Twitter Competition (the “Competition”) offered by BAL unless otherwise expressly stated.
2. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms.
3. The Competition are organised by BRIT Awards Limited whose registered address is Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
4. BAL reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms at any time without prior notice. A copy of the Terms may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: “BAL Twitter Competition”, Legal Department, BRIT Awards Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA.
5. There is one prize, comprising of a ‘wrong-handed’ signed piece of paper by some of the attendees at the BRIT Awards Nominations Launch 2014 which took place on 9 January 2014 (the “Prize”).
6. Employees of BAL or its affiliates and/or agencies associated with the Competition and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) are ineligible to enter. Any such entries will be invalid.
7. The Prize is personal to the winner of the Prize (the “Prize Winner”) and the Prize Winner may not transfer, sell, donate, give or otherwise dispose of the Prize to any other person.
8. Eligible entrants may enter the Competition, and the Competition will be judged, in the following ways:
8.1 Any Twitter user may enter the Competition by responding to the following question on the @BRITAwards Twitter account “Other than @JessieJ, name one artist that has wrong-handedly signed this piece of paper” with one name and the hashtag #BRITscribble;
8.2 The Prize Winner shall be selected at random as described in Clause 15.
9. Each entrant may enter the Competition more than once, but each entrant shall only be eligible to win a maximum of one Prize.
10. There is no purchase requirement or fee to enter the Competition.
11. The closing time and date for the Competition is 10am on Friday 24 January 2014.
12. Entries to the Competition must be made in the manner specified. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. BAL and its group companies cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, viruses, bugs or other causes outside their control.
14. The Prize Winner of the Competition will be chosen at random by an independent adjudicator from all qualifying entries after 11am on Monday 27 January 2014. The decision of the independent adjudicator in each case shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
15. The name of the Prize Winner will be posted on BAL’s Twitter account on Monday 27 January 2014 by 5pm (and BAL will request the Prize Winner’s name and UK address for the sole purpose of shipping the Prize to the Prize Winner).
16. In the event that BAL or its agent is reasonably unable to contact a Prize Winner for whatever reason that Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
17. Claims for a Prize must be made within the time and in the manner notified to the Prize Winner upon notification. Failure to claim the Prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
18. Each Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. BAL reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value to the Prize at any time.
19. Each Prize is awarded at BAL’s discretion and no Prize shall be awarded in the event of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant (in BAL’s sole discretion).
20. BAL cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting a Prize. BAL is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude BAL’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of negligence.
21. Each Prize Winner may be requested to take part in promotional activity and BAL reserves the right to use the names and locations of that Prize Winner, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
23. These Terms shall be governed by English law and, in the event of any dispute, BAL and each entrant submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.