Terms & conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) and the terms and conditions of The O2 Arena below (the “Venue Conditions”) apply to any and all BRIT Awards 2015 tickets (“Tickets”) to The BRIT Awards 2015 due to be held at The O2 Arena London on 25 February 2015 (the “Event”).
2. Any person who purchases, holds or uses a Ticket (“Ticket Holder”) acknowledges and agrees that he or she is subject to these Conditions and to the Venue Conditions.
3. In the event of a breach of these Conditions or the Venue Conditions by a Ticket Holder, BAL or its agents may at their sole discretion: (a) render and declare the Ticket void; (b) refuse the Ticket Holder admission to the Event; and/or (c) remove the Ticket Holder from the Event.
4. The Event is organised and Tickets are issued by BRIT Awards Limited, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7JA (“BAL”).
5. All persons who wish to gain access to the Event must have a valid Ticket.
6. No one under the age of 13 will be admitted to the Event, and people between the ages of 13 and 17 years will only be admitted to the Event with an accompanying adult.
7. Tickets will not be posted to you.
8. The credit card holder who purchased the Ticket(s) must collect the Tickets in the company of all of their guests at the same time from the venue on Wednesday 25 February 2015 at the location and time set out below. The credit card holder must attend the event. Tickets will only be released upon presentation of the credit card used to pay at the time of booking. No letters of authorisation or transfers of payment will be permitted. From 11:00am until 7:00pm Tickets can be collected from the collection point set up in the O2 Arena. Please follow directions for ticket collection once you enter the O2 Arena site.
9. Once you and your guests have collected your Tickets you will also be given a wristband and/or security pass. At this stage, you will be free to leave the O2 Arena site but will be required to present your ticket and wristband/security pass device upon your arrival at The BRIT Awards. If you are unable to present both your ticket and your wristband/security pass device, you will not be admitted to the Event.
10. By being present at the Event you consent to being filmed and/or recorded. You also agree not to assert any moral (or similar) rights and give all necessary consents under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) and all other applicable legislation in respect of any film and/or recordings. BAL is entitled to make full use of any film and/or recording in all current and future media worldwide without any liability or payment to you, including permitting others to do the same.
11. If a Ticket is declared void or if a Ticket Holder is refused admission or removed from the Event because of a breach of these Conditions or of the Venue Conditions, no money shall be refunded.
12. BAL or its agents shall be entitled, but not obliged, to carry out identity and security checks (including photographic ID checks) upon presentation of the Ticket by a Ticket Holder at the Event. If the Ticket Holder is not on BAL’s list of intended attendees at the Event (as notified to BAL by the person(s) that purchased that Ticket Holder’s Ticket at the time of purchase or prior to the Event), BAL and its agents may, at their sole discretion, declare that Ticket Holder’s Ticket void and BAL and its agents may refuse that Ticket Holder admission to the Event or remove that Ticket Holder from the Event.
13. Neither the Ticket Holder nor any person associated with them (other than BAL or its agents) is entitled to assign, donate, transfer or otherwise dispose of the Ticket itself or any rights arising from the Ticket to any third party. In particular, but without limitation, a Ticket Holder may not:
(a) sell, resell, expose, offer or make available for sale, auction, donate or otherwise dispose of Ticket(s) in any manner or place whatsoever, including, without limitation, online via an online auction website; and/or
(b) transfer or use a Ticket for:
(i) advertising, sales or promotional purposes;
(ii) premium give-aways, competitions, prize draws or sweepstakes; or
(iii) hospitality or travel packages.
14. If a Ticket Holder is unable to attend the Event, BAL may, at BAL’s sole discretion, provide that Ticket Holder with a full refund of the price paid for the Ticket from the original point of sale less any reasonable administrative and processing costs.
15. In the event of a conflict between the Conditions and the Venue Conditions, the Conditions shall prevail.
16. No briefcases, backpacks or large bags will be allowed at the Event.
17. No photographic/recording equipment is allowed at the Event, mobile phones are permitted, but Ticket Holders are NOT permitted to use them to record the Event.
18. Please ensure mobile phones, pagers and watch alarms are switched off during the performance.
19. BRIT Awards Ltd/O2 Arena reserves the right to refuse admission.
20. Security searches will take place.
21. Latecomers may not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the Event.
22. Re-entry to the O2 Arena will not be permitted without a Ticket and a wristband/security device.
23. Artists’ appearances are subject to change.
24. BAL accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any person or any property.
25. BAL reserves the right at any time to withdraw, cancel or void any Ticket issued to the Event.
The O2 for either The O2 Arena, IndigO2 or The O2 Bubble (each a “Venue”) is authorised to sell tickets to events as an agent on behalf of the promoter of the event (the “Event Promoter”). All tickets sold by or on behalf of The O2 (the “Tickets”) are sold subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Event Promoter and The O2, (a full set of which are available at www.theo2.co.uk and in writing from The O2 T & Cs, PO Box 02, London SE10 0DX). The general Terms and Conditions relating to admission have been extracted and reprinted here for your convenience.
1. You must produce a valid Ticket or Wristband to gain entry to each Venue and upon request for inspection at any time. Failure to produce your Ticket or Wristband when requested may result in you being ejected from the Venue.
2. Persons under 16 years of age are not permitted to access the Event.
3. Removing the ticket stub before entry invalidates the ticket.
4. Tickets cannot be cancelled or exchanged after purchase unless the Event is cancelled, rescheduled or subject to a material alteration, except where an applicable ticket exchange or resale facility is offered. (see full Terms and Conditions for details).
5. The Ticket holder has a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket holder’s Ticket and management reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the Ticket.
6. Unlawful resale, or attempted unlawful resale, of a ticket is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation. Tickets cannot be used for competitions, promotions, advertising or hospitality packages without the express written permission of the Event promoter. Failure to adhere to these conditions may result in the Ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the Venue without refund or other compensation.
7. The Venue will not take responsibility for the validity of tickets purchased from unauthorised agents or other sources.
8. The Venue is not liable for any Tickets that are lost or stolen. Standing Tickets cannot be duplicated under any circumstances.
9. In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, the Venue reserves the right at its reasonable discretion to refuse admission without compensation.
10. Customers may be ejected from the Venue or may not be permitted into a Venue and will be asked to surrender any Tickets held by such Ticket holder, if, in the reasonable opinion of the Venue, the Ticket holder is a risk to the safety of any patron; could affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event; and/or the Ticket holder’s behaviour is unacceptable. Examples include but are not limited to being (or appearing to be): drunk or incapable or intoxicated, under age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or are in breach of the Ticket Terms and Conditions).
11. To ensure safety we will conduct security searches of persons’, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit and reserve the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other patrons or are in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
12. No food or drink is permitted to be brought into any Venue. A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase inside each Venue.
13. There is no re-admission once you have left a Venue.
14. Latecomers may not be admitted into the auditorium until a suitable break in the performance.
15. CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Venue. Purchase of a Ticket means you consent to filming and sound recording which may include you as a member of the audience and its use in commercial distribution without payment or copyright.
16. The use of unauthorised cameras, video and/or sound recording equipment is prohibited and such items may be confiscated at the Ticket holder's own risk.
17. In seated areas other members of the audience may stand up during the Event.
18. Crowd surfing and moshing are strictly prohibited.
19. Animals, with the exception of assistance dogs, are not permitted in The O2 and on some events may not be permitted in the performance area. Customers are requested to contact The O2 in advance for further information in this regard.
20. Customers are requested to address any special access requirements in advance of their visit by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling on 0208 463 3359.
21. In case of emergency please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
22. Loud music can damage hearing.
23. All events are subject to licence.
24. The O2 is a no smoking venue.
25. When purchasing alcohol if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for proof of age.
26. Official Merchandise is only available from outlets within The O2. Please be aware of unofficial traders offering inferior goods.
27. It is the responsibility of the Ticket holder to ascertain the date and the time of any rearranged event.
28. Please consider our neighbours and leave The O2 site quietly.
29. Please note that seats located on level 4 of the O2 Arena are not recommended for those who have a fear of heights, or suffer from vertigo.
30. Should you experience any problems while in the Venue please contact the nearest steward as every effort can be made to resolve the issue prior to, or during the event.
31. The Venue and Event promoter are not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or the cancellation of the event.
32. Flashing lights may be used as part of the Event production. For further information about Events, Facilities and Travel or to book Tickets for The O2 visit www.theo2.co.uk
Access to and use of any part or page of www.brits.co.uk, www.classicbrits.co.uk or the BRITs pages of www.bpi.co.uk, (each a “Website” and, together, the “Websites”) both within the UK and internationally is provided by BRIT Awards Limited (“BAL”) on the following terms:
*1. By using a Website, you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of that Website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to a Website.
*2. BAL may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of a Website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the Websites. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the Websites (including house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
Use of the Websites
*3. You agree to use the Websites only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of BAL or restrict or inhibit anyone else’s rights, use or enjoyment of the Websites. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Websites.
*4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the Websites and all content (including all applications) located on the Websites shall remain vested in BAL or its licensors (which includes other users). You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Website content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of Website content requires the prior written permission of BAL.
*5. The names, images and logos identifying BAL or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of BAL and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of BAL or any other third party.
Contributions to BAL
*6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with BAL you agree to grant to BAL, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for BRIT Awards services in any media worldwide (including on BAL’s Websites accessed by international users). In certain circumstances, BAL may also share your contribution with trusted third parties.
*7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
*8. In order that BAL can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws, that you have the right to give BAL permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution.
*10. Please do not endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws when creating content you may share with BAL.
*11. If you do not want to grant BAL the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with the Websites.
*12. If you have any questions about contributing content to BAL, please Contact Us at: email@example.com
Website communities and other member pages
*14. You agree to use Website communities (including message boards) in accordance with the following Community Rules as well as the rest of these terms and conditions. These apply across all Website community sites and services. You should, however, read the local house rules of the particular site or service you’re using, as there may be some local variations to these Community Rules.
(i) About your posts:
• Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
• No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
• No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
• Be patient: users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant Website community.
• No spamming or off-topic material: we don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don’t re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
• No advertising or promoting.
• No spoilers: material which contains information about the BRITs or other matters which haven’t been made available in the UK may be deleted.
• Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the relevant local house rules.
• No impersonation.
• No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
• URLs (web site addresses) can only be posted if allowed under any relevant local house rules.
• Deliberate misuse of the complaints facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
(ii) Your BRITs Account:
If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users you may have action taken against all of your accounts.
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else’s email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
BAL reserves the right to close accounts if any user is seen to be using proxy IPs (Internet Protocol addresses) in order to attempt to hide the use of multiple BRITs accounts, or if a non UK user pretends to be a UK user, or disrupts any of our services in any way.
We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example: telephone number, postal address, home address or email address or any other details that would allow you to be personally identified) in any BRITs community.
(iv) Legal requirements:
• You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in Website communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio.
• Contributing material to a Website community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
• You agree to submit to or share with Website communities only contributions which are your own original work. You must not violate, plagiarise, or infringe the rights of BAL or third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
(v) If you’re under 16:
• Please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any Website community.
• Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, home address or email address).
(vi) If you breach these Community Rules:
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules (and/or any variations in relevant local house rules) or any other term or condition of use when taking part in a Website community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all Website community areas.
If you submit or share offensive or inappropriate content to or with any Website communities or anywhere else on the Websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Websites, and BAL considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, BAL may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement(s). BAL reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any BRITs account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
*15. The majority of content posted in Website communities is created by members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of BAL. Neither BAL nor its group companies are responsible for any content posted by members of the public on the Websites or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the Websites. Any links to third party websites from the Websites do not amount to any endorsement of that site by BAL or its group companies and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
*16. Website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to BAL its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the extent permitted by law, BAL excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. BAL does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by BAL is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of BAL for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
*17. Nothing in these terms limits or excludes BAL’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, BAL and/or shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Websites regardless of the form of action.
*18. BAL does not warrant that functions available on the Websites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Websites or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
*19. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
*20. The failure or delay of BAL to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive BAL’s right to enforce that right.
*21. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.